FutureOn Secures Investment from the Bentley Acceleration Fund to Accelerate Oil & Gas Digitalization
FutureOn, the fast-growing Norwegian software company that works with an expanding portfolio of global energy companies, announced today that it has secured an investment from the Bentley Acceleration Fund and established a strategic partnership with US-based Bentley Systems to accelerate the digitalization of the oil and gas industry.
FutureOn and Bentley Systems will combine FutureOn’s field design application (FieldAP) and its API-centric collaboration platform (FieldTwin) with Bentley’s iTwin platform to provide customers a next-generation digital twin solution .Both FutureOn and Bentley platforms use open web standards to facilitate complex integration and customization, and the combined offerings are already being implemented in exploration and production workflows.
- This is a significant milestone for FutureOn which will greatly drive the growth of our business by extending its reach, said FutureOn CEO Paal Roppen.
- Also, while we will work closely with Bentley we will maintain our neutrality as an independent software vendor with a clear mandate to provide our customers a fully open and standards-driven digital platform. This flexibility supports our customers’ desire for remote collaborative decision making at a critical time for the oil and gas industry.
FutureOn emerged from 3D visualization agency Xvision with over 20 years of visual engineering experience specifically in the oil and gas subsea domain. In 2019 FutureOn’s FieldAP received the OTC Spotlight on New Technology Award for best software innovation in the oil and gas industry. Most recently, the company has launched the cloud-based data platform FieldTwin, which offers centralized API integrations to many of the leading engineering simulation and data analysis tools. When combined with FieldTwin, FieldAP enables cross-discipline remote collaboration for design and development of subsea digital twins.
- FutureOn has grown quickly and taken an industry-leading position in very short time thanks to bold moves like this, added Roppen.
- Today, digitalization is more important than ever for the oil and gas industry as challenging market conditions persist. Innovative and disruptive technologies such as those we develop alongside Bentley will fill an emerging void.
- We are excited for this new opportunity to collaborate with FutureOn to provide advanced digital twin technology for the oil and gas industry, and especially for the addition of subsea expertise, said Ken Adamson, Bentley vice president, design integration.
- Combining our design, modeling, and analysis experience with FutureOn’s data management and visualization acumen to help build subsea digital twins will enable our users to further enhance their engineering performance, operations and profitability.
For more information about FutureOn, its FieldTwin platform or the company’s work with Bentley Systems please visit www.futureon.com .
World Water Week 2022 Open for Sessions and Seminar Proposals: '"Seeing the Unseen: The Value of Water" as Theme
World Water Week will take place from 23 August to 1 September 2022 online and in Stockholm, Sweden. This new format will offer opportunities to connect face to face and online to engage audiences worldwide. The theme of World Water Week 2022 is ‘Seeing the unseen: The value of water‘, with a focus on the diverse aspects of water, how others view and value water, and to help uncover water’s full value to society.
Valmet to Deliver Automation to the Baltics’ First Biogas Plant Fired with Household and Commercial Biowaste
Samotics, a leading provider of real-time actionable insights to eliminate industrial energy waste and unplanned downtime, has completed a EUR 14.5 million Series A funding round. The round was led by 83North, a global venture capital firm with a proven track record in building category leaders across multiple domains including Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies.