Electronic System Design Industry Hits Record Revenue of Nearly $3.8 Billion in Q2 2022, Esd Alliance Reports
Electronic System Design (ESD) industry revenue increased 17.5% from $3,191.4 million in Q2 2021 to $3,748.7 million in Q2 2022, the ESD Alliance, a SEMI Technology Community, announced in its latest Electronic Design Market Data (EDMD) report. The four-quarter moving average, which compares the most recent four quarters to the prior four, rose 15.3%.
“The electronic design automation (EDA) industry in Q2 2022 posted the highest year-over-year (YOY) increase in over a decade,” said Walden C. Rhines, Executive Sponsor of the SEMI Electronic Design Market Data report . “Quarterly revenue reached a record $3,748.7 million. All product categories and geographic regions recorded growth in the quarter.”
The quarterly EDMD report contains detailed revenue information with the following category and geographic breakdowns.
Revenue by Product and Application Category – Year-Over-Year Change
- Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) revenue increased 12.1% to $1,137.3 million. The four-quarter CAE moving average increased 12.9%.
- IC Physical Design and Verification revenue increased 13% to $657 million. The four-quarter moving average for the category increased 0.6%.
- Printed Circuit Board and Multi-Chip Module (PCB and MCM) revenue increased 22% to $347.1 million. The four-quarter moving average for PCB and MCM rose 12.9%.
- Semiconductor Intellectual Property (SIP) revenue jumped 22.6% to $1,476.7 million. The four-quarter SIP moving average grew 25.3%.
- Services revenue increased 23.2% to $130.7 million. The four-quarter Services moving average increased 24.8%.
Revenue by Region – Year-Over-Year Change
- The Americas, the largest reporting region by revenue, procured $1,643.4 million of electronic system design products and services in Q2 2022, a 20.2% increase. The four-quarter moving average for the Americas rose 18.5%.
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) procured $472 million of electronic system design products and services in Q2 2022, a 13.7% increase. The four-quarter moving average for EMEA grew 9%.
- Japan’s procurement of electronic system design products and services increased 6.1% to $252.3 million. The four-quarter moving average for Japan rose 4.3%.
- Asia Pacific (APAC) procured $1,381 million of electronic system design products and services in Q2 2022, a 17.9% increase. The four-quarter moving average for APAC increased 16.1%.
About the EDMD Report
The ESD Alliance Electronic Design Market Data (formerly the Market Statistics Service) report presents Electronic Design Automation (EDA), SIP and services industry revenue data quarterly. Both public and private companies contribute data to the report available from SEMI. Each quarterly report is published approximately three months after quarter close. EDMD report data is segmented as follows:
- Revenue by product category (CAE, IC Physical Design and Verification, Semiconductor IP, PCB/MCM Layout, and Services) including numerous detailed sub-categories
- Revenue by geographic region (Americas, EMEA, Japan and APAC)
- Total employment at participating companies
For information about SEMI market research reports, visit the SEMI Market Research Reports and Databases Catalog .
The growth of this market is attributed to the benefits of cloud-based industrial asset management solutions and the rising need for the real-time monitoring of industrial assets.
An industry on standstill: maritime progress at risk over fears of digitalisation, Wärtsilä report warns
The global lubricants market size is projected to reach USD 187.9 billion by 2027 from USD 164.8 billion in 2022, at a CAGR of 2.7%.