Searching for the new equilibrium
"Corona forces maintenance and asset management organization to be agile"
The coronavirus pandemic has tightened its grip on the world. In ‘the new normal’, where certainties from the past no longer exist, we need to make changes. Increase or decrease production? Focus on uptime or cost control? What does a different way of working mean for the organization and for the individual employee? A new reality requires clarity, agility and a new vision for the future.
The impact of the coronavirus on the economy is enormous. This means the maintenance and asset management organization must deal with a new reality as well.
– Keeping distance, a stop on expenditure and a completely revised long-term vision. What do you need to focus on? What choices do you make, and can they withstand an eventual new crisis? Mark Haarman, managing partner of Mainnovation, consultancy firm in maintenance and asset management, says.
All over the world, measures are implemented to prevent the coronavirus from spreading. This means that the product demand has changed.
– The food companies that supply the catering industry are seeing a drastic decline in demand, while food companies that supply the home market are working overtime. Furthermore, fewer cars are being manufactured and the need for fuel is now minimal. In contrast, manufacturers of disinfectants can barely cope with the increased demand, Haarman says.
– On the other hand, there are also companies, particularly in the public sector, that need to invest in their infrastructure to stimulate the economy.
And for all companies, because of COVID, more attention must be paid to personal safety. Then there is the factor of time. How long will this take?
– In the field of processes, organization and technology, choices must be made, despite all the uncertainties. What is the new equilibrium?
Clarity and agility
Mainnovation is the founder of VDMXL, a worldwide renowned method for Value Driven Maintenance and Asset Management.
– Our VDMXL methodology has proven to be a crisis-resistant, integrated improvement approach that helps the maintenance organization to make well-founded choices to create value. The credo is 'Keep it simple'. In the search for new equilibrium, VDMXL offers methods and tools to shift the focus, says Haarman.
– The maintenance and asset-management organization needs to be agile and flexible in this new reality, in order to find the new economic optimum between technical availability, maintenance costs, investments and safety. In addition, clarity is still a cornerstone that, in these times of turmoil and uncertainty, helps companies to go forward, nevertheless.
VDMXL was, is and will remain the powerful and proven methodology for making the right choices. For now, and in the long term.
For more information
visit our website www.mainnovation.com .
For questions contact Laura van der Linde, Marketing
and Communications Coordinator at Mainnovation,
0031-6-48077995 or email@example.com
Version 10.97 features major enhancements across ICONICS’ multiple automation software offerings, including GENESIS64™ visualization and SCADA system, Hyper Historian™ rapid data historian, AnalytiX® data analysis, MobileHMI™ apps, and IoTWorX™ cloud connectivity solutions.