Underhåll 2016 Trade Fair Has Beaten Last Year’s Event in the Terms of Volume and Number of Exhibitors
More than 240 exhibitors have booked their place so far at Underhåll, Northern Europe’s biggest trade fair in the field of operations and maintenance, at the Swedish Exhibition and Congress Centre in Gothenburg. Underhåll 2016 will take place from 8−11 March.
This means that next year’s fair will be much bigger than the last one in 2014. In terms of both the number of exhibitors and the net space sold.
All the major players are there. One of them is returning in style.
– It feels just right now, says Jonas Kemi at Momentum, who are making their biggest-ever appearance at the fair.
– There’s massive interest! Maintenance-related issues are hot now, and are moving higher and higher up companies’ agendas, says Anna Jarnö, Business Manager for Underhåll.
She feels that this increased engagement is partly an effect of Industry 4.0, the German industrial strategy that has also inspired innovation and increased activity around smart technological concepts in Scandinavia.
– There’s intensive technological development under way at the moment. It’s a vital issue for operations and maintenance, which is very much reflected at the trade fair, says Anna.
– For example, we’re introducing a new research and development forum, in collaboration with partners including Chalmers and the SICS research institute, which has been mandated by the government to develop new technology to enhance the competitiveness of Swedish companies.
The biggest exhibitor at Underhåll 2016 is Momentum, who together with their associate company Tools will be taking a stand of more than 400 square metres.
– This will be the company’s biggest-ever trade fair investment, says Jonas Kemi, Product Area Manager at Momentum.
He considers it logical that this investment is taking place just now, after they had reduced their involvement at trade fairs over a number of years:
– It's partly to do with the launch of our new, or new/old, company name: Momentum. Also, the market situation is intriguing. And for us the Underhåll trade fair is the best arena for meeting our customers and business partners.
– Above all, we want to show people what we stand for: high-quality products and services that result in sustainable production, reduced energy consumption and lower total costs for our customers in sectors including the paper, steel and automotive industries.
Jonas Kemi is aware of a newly-emerged interest in maintenance issues.
– For a long time, many people viewed maintenance only as an expense. Now they realise what well thought-out maintenance means for productivity, profitability and sustainable development.
Underhåll 2016 will take place from 8−11 March at the Swedish Exhibition and Congress Centre in Gothenburg.
More information: www.underhall.se
Gasum is selling its subsidiary Gasum Tekniikka Oy to the industrial maintenance partner Viafin Service Oyj. This arrangement is part of Gasum’s strategy of focusing on the development of the gas market and energy infrastructure in the Nordic countries. The transaction is expected to be closed by the end of February 2019. The acquisition will make Gasum Tekniikka part of the Viafin Service Group.
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading global provider of comprehensive software solutions for advancing the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure, has announced the winners of the Year in Infrastructure 2018 Awards. The annual awards program honors the extraordinary work of Bentley users advancing design, construction, and operations of infrastructure throughout the world.