Metso to showcase Innovations for the Mining Industry at Expomin 2018 in Chile
At the 15th Exhibition and World Congress for Latin American Mining, Expomin 2018, Metso will be presenting a variety of product Industry 4.0 applications and tailored solutions to improve process and resource efficiency while reducing operational costs in mining operations. The exhibition is part of Metso's anniversary activities, celebrating 150 years of delivering results to our customers around the world.
- Miners in Chile as well as globally are rethinking their strategies to unlock productivity, tackle depleting ore grades, and optimize the total cost of ownership of their operations - in a sustainable manner. For the past 150 years, we at Metso have made significant step-changes to help our customers to adapt to varying market conditions. Expomin is an excellent platform to present how we can help our customers solve the challenges of today and tomorrow, and to continue dialogue on these vital themes for the industry, says Eduard Nilo, senior vice president for Metso's Pacific Rim market area and general manager of Metso Chile.
During the exhibition, Metso will showcase a number of industry-leading solutions, including the award-winning Metso HRC(TM) 3000 crusher, which is the largest fully operating high-pressure grinding roll (HPGR) in the world. The energy-efficient comminution solution can achieve anore processing capability of over 5,400 tph. The featured solutions at the show also include:
- The world's largest cone crusher, the Nordberg® MP 2500(TM), which helps customers achieve production targets through greater performance and higher availability
- The Crusher Upgrade service, designed to increase the productivity of Superior(TM), Nordberg(TM) and Symons(TM) crushers to achieve similar performance to modern Metso crushers
- Industry 4.0 solutions, such as the AudioMill(TM) sound spectrum analysis tool for SAG mills and Vertical Plate Pressure Filters VPA with smart PLC control system for fully automatic filter operation
- Metso Life Cycle Services, a holistic service concept to meet individual business goals
- The patented mill lining concept Megaliner(TM), which decreases the installation time of coatings by up to 40 percent, dramatically improving safety and maximizing mill availability
- The Poly-Met mill lining solution
The Expomin Exhibition and World Congress takes place in Santiago, Chile, on April 23-27. We invite visitors to join our experts for training sessions and discussions in our experience room at the Metso Booth, No. 06, Exterior Pavilion F. A more detailed description of the featured solutions and Metso's exhibition program is available on the company's at www.metso.com
There are two main challenges facing protective coatings in high moisture conditions. One is the issue of durability in a moisture-laden or immersion environment that is naturally more corrosive than a dry environment. Another issue is the challenge of being able to properly cure a coating in the presence of moisture.
THE TREND OF DIGITALIZATION IN MAINTENANCE IS definitely pushing through. And the proof is in the pud-ding, because the first virtual con-ference on digital strategies and new technologies in maintenance & asset management, Asset Performance 4.0, welcomed over 670 participants who enjoyed more than 100 presentations and keynotes on the future of main-tenance.