Watch Webinar Recording - Energy Conservation: Utilising Ultrasound to improve your plants Energy Usage
Ultrasound instruments are widely used for energy efficiency practices, especially due to their ability to detect compressed air leaks quick & easily. Compressed air leaks greatly contribute to energy waste, being estimated that, as an industry average, 31 percent of all produced compressed air is lost to leaks.
For those interested in knowing more about the role of ultrasound in leak detection & energy conservation, UE Systems has made available this comprehensive and free webinar, hosted and presented by Christopher Hallum, regional manager for the UK & Ireland.
The session is freely available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3aAHAh3QU
Chris shares his large experience and knowledge in assisting companies from all sectors saving energy by detecting compressed air leaks, using ultrasound technology.
The webinar includes the following topics:
- Where we can use Ultrasound to Improve our Energy Wastage
- Fundamentals of Ultrasound in these Applications
- Inspection Methodologies & Reporting
- Data Collection & Analysis
- Case Studies
Leak detection using ultrasound technology is easy and very effective: as any gas (air, oxygen, nitrogen, etc.) passes through a leak orifice, it generates a turbulent flow with detectable high frequency components.
By scanning the test area with an ultrasonic instrument, a leak can be heard through the headset as a rushing sound or noted on the display/meter. The closer the instrument is to the leak, the louder the rushing sound and the higher the reading.
Why Use Ultrasound for Leak Detection:
- Industry average 31% of energy use can be avoided by just fixing leaks
- Reduce running hours / wear and tear on existing equipment
- In many cases a lower spec or shutdown of a compressor can be the result
- Production efficiency: run pressures or vacuum pressures at desired levels
- Inspection efficiency & safety: using soap water creates simultaneously a safety hazard & extra work
- Compressed air leak surveys: users can locate and report on cost estimation per leak while also demonstrating the reduction carbon footprint
For more webinars, articles, case studies, and other information about ultrasound technology for maintenance and reliability, you can register for free at the UE Systems learning center.
Ecomondo, the benchmark event in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area for technological and industrial innovation in green and circular economy, will return from 8 to 11 November 2022, in Rimini (Italy).
The international PulPaper 2022 -event that is organised at Helsinki Expo and Convention Centre has been rescheduled from March to June due to challenges surrounding the Covid situation. The three-day PulPaper will be held from 7–9 June 2022 at Helsinki Expo and Convention Centre.