ODVA Looked to the Future at its 20th Annual Meeting of Members
ODVA held its 20th Annual Meeting of Members in Palm Harbor, Florida, USA on March 5, 2020. With over 120 industry professionals from over 50 companies in attendance, highlights of the Annual Meeting included a panel discussion titled “Can 5G and WiFi 6 Deliver on the Factory Floor?”, a keynote speech from Amazon Web Services titled “The Effect of Digital Transformation on the Industrial Automation Product Ecosystem at the Edge and Beyond,” and an update from the organization’s leadership on the strength of and opportunities for ODVA as a whole.
The Annual Meeting capped a week of technical sessions offered through ODVA’s 2020 Industry Conference. The latest developments in ODVA technologies and applications were highlighted, including the continued expansion of the EtherNet/IP ecosystem, EtherNet/IP’s further adaption to meet the needs of the process industries, and the ongoing evolution of EtherNet/IP to address Industry 4.0 and IIoT. Notable topics covered at the conference included Network Diagnostics, TSN, OPC UA, Constrained Devices, Ethernet-APL, FDI packages, and PA-DIM.
The leadership for the organization was elected and announced at the Annual Meeting. ODVA’s Board of Directors has top-level responsibility for strategic planning and governance and is composed of senior executives from major industrial automation device and system vendors across the globe. In the 21st term, ODVA’s Board of Directors are:
• Dr. Rolf Birkhofer, managing director of Endress+Hauser Process Solutions for Endress+Hauser
• Mr. Satoshi Kojima, general manager of network product management group, controller division for OMRON
• Mr. David Lagerstrom, president and CEO of Turck USA for Hans Turck Company
• Mr. Raja Ramana Macha, senior vice president for innovation and technology and CTO, industrial automation for Schneider Electric
• Mr. Samuel Pasquier, senior director of product management for IoT industrial networking and security for Cisco Systems
• Mr. Thomas Petersen, senior director of fieldbus and system integration for Danfoss
• Mr. Brian Reynolds, senior director of engineering, projects and automation solutions for Honeywell
• Dr. Jürgen Weinhofer, vice-president of common architecture and technology for Rockwell Automation
The corporate leadership of the organization collectively defines and executes the strategic plan, oversees development and publication of technology and specifications, and is responsible for governance of the organization. In the 21st term, ODVA’s corporate officers are:
• Dr. Al Beydoun, President & Executive Director
• Mr. Joakim Wiberg, Chief Technology Officer
• Ms. Adrienne Meyer, Vice President of Operations and Membership
• Mr. Christopher Lynch, Corporate Secretary
• Dr. Jürgen Weinhofer, Treasurer
ODVA’s Technical Review Board (TRB) oversees the development of technology and standards for the organization including approval of technology enhancements for inclusion in the ODVA specifications which encompass the Common Industrial Protocol or “CIP™” and its network adaptations of CIP – including EtherNet/IP™ and DeviceNet®. In its 21st term, ODVA’s TRB representatives are:
• Mr. Joakim Wiberg, Chairman, of HMS Industrial Networks
• Mr. Raj Bandekar of Honeywell
• Mr. Rudy Belliardi of Schneider Electric
• Mr. Mirko Brcic of Endress+Hauser
• Mr. Paul Didier of Cisco Systems
• Mr. Gregory Majcher of Rockwell Automation
• Mr. Shinji Murayama of Omron
• Ms. Roxana Sudrijan of Molex
- With the start of ODVA’s 21st term, ODVA’s leadership team is looking forward to continuing to expand the opportunities that EtherNet/IP provides with the acceleration of Industry 4.0 and IIoT, said Dr. Al Beydoun, President and Executive Director at ODVA. ODVA anticipates it will announce the dates and location for its 2021 Industry Conference & 21st Annual Meeting in Q3 2020.
To download the technical papers and presentations from ODVA’s Industry Conference and Annual Meetings, please visit: https://www.odva.org/Happenings/Industry-Conference-and-Annual-Meeting-Library .
ODVA is an international standards development and trade organization with members from the world’s leading automation suppliers. ODVA’s mission is to advance open, interoperable information and communication technologies for industrial automation. Its standards include the Common Industrial Protocol or “CIP™,” ODVA’s media independent network protocol – and industrial communication technologies including EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, and others. For interoperability of production systems and their integration with other systems, ODVA embraces the adoption of commercial-off-the-shelf.
The largest European maintenance conference will eventually be held in Rotterdam from 17 to 19 April 2023. Covid-19 threw a spanner in the earlier plans, but the Dutch Maintenance Society (NVDO), the European Federation of National Maintenance Societies (EFNMS) and Rotterdam Ahoy will combine forces again. At the same time, Rotterdam Ahoy will be hosting the largest technology and maintenance exhibition in the Benelux from 18 to 20 April 2023: Maintenance NEXT.
UE Systems, the world leader in ultrasonic inspection instruments & solutions for predictive maintenance and reliability, is offering a virtual/online Ultrasound CAT I course.