Bentley's Year in Infrastructure Conference (YII 2020) Goes Digital!
Bentley Systems’ Year in Infrastructure Conference is Going Digital for the first time ever in 2020! The new digital format is bringing together, now for a broader global community, the thought leadership, networking, and learning content that Bentley conference attendees have come to expect. Join online and learn from peers, industry experts, and innovators who will share their infrastructure digital twins’ successes.
The virtual Year in Infrastructure 2020 Conference provides complementary access to a wide range of content relevant to infrastructure professionals in every role and at every phase of the infrastructure lifecycle. Highlights include:
Live Judging: Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Finalists’ Presentations – October 5 - 16
The Year in Infrastructure Awards finalists, chosen by independent juries of industry experts, presentede their projects to the judges beginning October 5. The winners will be selected and announced at Bentley’s Virtual Year in Infrastructure 2020
Conference, October 20-21.*
Year in Infrastructure 2020 Executive Perspectives – October 20 - 21
Greg Bentley, CEO of Bentley Systems, will be joined by leading infrastructure executives for an interactive discussion on the resilience challenges they face and how to meet those challenges through digital advancement.
Keith Bentley, founder and chief technology officer, will discuss Bentley’s open strategy for digital twins. Keith will be joined by other leading industry visionaries who have deployed digital twins successfully for project delivery or asset performance.
TwinTalks Premiere – October 20
Infrastructure digital twins will be front and center at this year’s event. Join leading industry figures as they moderate six sector-specific TwinTalks, exploring the implications of digital twins for Digital Cities, Design and Construction, Digital Plants, Energy Utilities, Rail and Transit, and Roads and Bridges. Listen to interactive panel discussions with leading industry and business leaders and discover the fascinating opportunities that digital twins introduce for each of these critical infrastructure sectors. The initial October 20 TwinTalks are each part of a three-part series, with the second and third installments of the TwinTalks’ series scheduled through mid-November.
Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards Ceremony – October 21
After months of jury deliberations, the winners of the Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards will be announced in our live global broadcast. Don’t miss what has been called the “Academy Awards of Infrastructure.”
ACCELERATE Sessions – October 27 and beyond
Join Bentley product executives Dustin Parkman (Project Delivery), Robert Mankowski (Digital Cities), Ken Adamson (Design Integration), and Alan Kiraly (Asset and Network Performance) as they and their leadership teams review the latest advancements in Bentley applications and cloud services. These sessions will kick-off a multi-track program of more than 100 ACCELERATE sessions that will continue into November. ACCELERATE will feature Bentley and user experts in panel discussions and interactive demonstrations on the latest product advances, innovations, and best practice digital workflows.
* The finalists for Year in Infrastructure 2020 Awards for advancements in infrastructure are:
4D Digital Construction
- • DPR Construction – 2019 LSM DS Tech Upgrade
- • Mortenson | McCarthy - a Joint Venture – Allegiant Stadium
- • Office of the Renovation and Expansion Project of the Beijing-Harbin Expressway Section from Lalin River (Boundary between Jilin Province and Heilongjiang Province) to Harbin, Heilongjiang Construction Technological Innovation & Investment Co., Ltd. – Application of 4D Digital Technology in the Management of the Renovation and Expansion Project of the Beijing-Harbin Expressway Section from Lalin River to Harbin
- • Arup – Cherrywood Grand Parade Bridge
- • Chongqing Communications Planning, Survey & Design Institute Co., Ltd., Guizhou Communications Construction Group Co., Ltd., Guizhou Bridge Construction Group Co., Ltd. – Digital Design and Construction of Taihong Yangtze River Bridge
- • Sichuan Road & Bridge (Group) Co., Ltd. – Chishui River Bridge of Expressway from Jiangjin (Chongqing-Guizhou Border) to Xishui to Gulin (Guizhou-Sichuan Border)
- Buildings and Campuses
- • Beijing General Municipal Engineering Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Innovative Application of BIM in Municipal Engineering Design of Ezhou Civil Airport
- • PT. Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk – COVID-19 Modular Hospital with NPI Room
- • Voyants Solutions Private Limited – Bangladesh Regional Waterway Transport Project 1 – Shasanghat (New Dhaka) IWT Terminal
- • City of Helsinki – Digital City Synergy
- • Skanska-Costain-STRABAG Joint Venture – HS2 Main Works Civils Contract
- • Systematica S.r.l. – MIND: Testbed of New Mobility Paradigms
- Geotechnical Engineering
- • Golder Associates Hong Kong Ltd – Tuen Mun-Chek Lap Kok Link Tunnel, Southern Landfall
- • HDR Engineering – Oroville Dam 3D Seepage and Stability Modeling of the Tallest Earthen Embankment Dam in the US
- • Saidel Engineering SRL – Nine-story Residential Building above the Subway Tunnels in West Bucharest
- Land Site and Development
- • AAEngineering Group – Dzhamgyr Mine – Project Implementation in Extreme Conditions
- • Jacobs Engineering India Pvt. Ltd. – Master Planning and Engineering for Infrastructure Development at Tumakuru, Karnataka
- • KCI Technologies Inc. – HUB404 Concept Database
- • Citic Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. – The Application of BIM Technology in Fujian Ansha’s Intelligent Green Cement Production Project with a Daily Output of 4,500 Tons
- • MCC Capital Engineering & Research Incorporation Ltd. – BIM Technology-based Construction of Digital Plant for Iron and Steel Base in Lingang, Laoting of HBIS Group Co., Ltd.
- • Shenyang Aluminum & Magnesium Engineering & Research Institute Co., Ltd. – Guinea Alumina Engineering Digital Twin Application Project of CHALCO Hong Kong Co., Ltd.
Mining and Offshore Engineering
- • AAEngineering Group – Digital Twin of AKSU Plant: from Concept to Startup. A Real Story.
- • Sapura Energy Berhad – Transporting of 3-x-330 Class Barge Loaded with Jacket onboard Semi-submersible Vessel
- • Volgogradnefteproekt, LLC – Vladimir Filanovsky Offshore Field Modernization and Production Volume Increase
- • PowerChina Hubei Electric Engineering Co., Ltd. – Kyrgyzstan Bishkek Thermal Power Plant Reconstruction Project
- • Shanghai Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Co., Ltd. – Shanghai Electric Environmental Protection Group Technology Renovation and Expansion Project for Nantong Thermoelectric Waste Incineration
- • TBEA Xi’an Electric Design Co., Ltd. – Application of Digital Technology in the Design of Complex Mountain Wind Farms
- • Aegea Saneamento – Infra Inteligente Program (Smart Infra Program)
- • Shanghai Water Engineering Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd – The Integrated Delivery and Application of BIM Technology in the Design, Construction, Supervision and Management of Shanghai Water Pump Sluice Project
- • Sweco – Sweco | Digitalization with BIM
Rail and Transit
- • China Railway Electrification Engineering Group Co., Ltd., China Railway Engineering Consulting Group Co., Ltd., China Academy of Railway Sciences Corporation Limited – Beijing-Zhangjiakou High-speed Railway
- • Network Rail Wales and Western Region – Bristol Area Signalling Renewal Enhancements
- • PowerChina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited – Innovative Application of Digital Engineering Technology in Shaoxing Rail and Transit Construction
- • AUAV – Warragamba Water Pipeline Digital Twin
- • Khatib & Alami – Geo-enabling Reality Model Tips and Tricks
- • Merius Oy – Merius Smart Mill
Road and Rail Asset Performance
- • Maryland State Highway – Maryland One (SUPERLOAD) Violation Tracking & Asset Insight
- • Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) – Collaborative Information System Implementation - Whole Lifecycle Common Data Environment
- • SMRT Trains Ltd – Predictive Decision Support System (PDSS)
- Roads and Highways
- • Sichuan Road & Bridge (Group) Co., Ltd. – BIM Technology Application on Chengdu-Yibin Expressway
- • Sweco Nederland B.V. – Oosterweelverbinding Antwerpen
- • SAI-SYSTRA Group – Mumbai Coastal Road Project (South) Package – II
- • CNI Ingenieros Consultores SAS – Engineering Laboratories and Research Building
- • Indian Railways – Design & Construction of the World’s Tallest Rail Pier Girder Bridge
- • WSP – WSP overcomes Complex Challenges with Bentley’s Technology to Deliver Principal Tower
- Utilities and Communications
- • IOB Technology Sdn Bhd – BIM for Substation and Electrification Design of Double Rail Track, Johor, Malaysia
- • Qinghai Kexin Electric Power Design Institute Co., Ltd. – Dayu 110kV Electrical Transmission and Transformation Project in Hainan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Qinghai Province, China
- • Sterlite Power Transmission Limited – Sterlite BIM
Utilities and Industrial Asset Performance
- • Gazdaş Gaziantep Doğal Gaz Dağitim A.Ş. & Trakya Bölgesi Doğal Gaz Dağitim A.Ş. – Enterprise GIS Project for Natural Gas Utility on SAP/IS-U
- • Glencore – Implementing Asset Reliability Tool for Copper and Nickel Smelters
- • Shell QGC – Evolution of Engineering Data, Documents and Information Management
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- • AECOM/Wessex Water – Durleigh WTC Reconstruction
- • Hatch – Ashbridges Bay Treatment Plant Outfall
- • PowerChina ZhongNan Engineering Corporation Limited – Research on the Deep Application of BIM and Digital Twin Technology of Water Delivery Project Based on Bentley
Water, Wastewater and Stormwater Networks
- • Companhia de Saneamento Básico do Estado de São Paulo – Operational Restructuring Project of Cursino Water Supply System in São Paulo City
- • DTK Hydronet Solutions – Digital Water Network Engineering & Asset Management of Dibrugarh Water Supply Project
- • NJS Engineers India P Limited – JICA Assisted Guwahati Water Supply Project
Following the successful 2019 edition, which attracted more than 350 interested parties, this year BEMAS organised the second edition of the Asset Performance Awards. Some ten companies applied for the competition, which was originally scheduled to take place in June. Due to the coronovirus, the symposium was transformed into 3 webinars. The awards show was also given a virtual look.
Watch Webinar Recording - Energy Conservation: Utilising Ultrasound to improve your plants Energy Usage
Ultrasound instruments are great tools to use in electrical equipment inspections and can be an excellent addition to thermal imaging.