New tool offers online matchmaking service for battery makers and utility companies
A ground-breaking new battery ‘match’ service is set to help utility companies choose the most suitable batteries as partners for their energy storage schemes.
CBI Battery Match has been designed and built by the Consortium for Battery Innovation (CBI) – the global advanced lead battery research group – to help electricity providers and other energy storage projects find a battery system that best meets their requirements.
The online service, launched in conjunction with the Energy Storage Association’s Virtual Conference (ESACon20), is targeted at systems specifiers and integrators for utility and renewable energy companies and presents them with a series of potential battery partners, before linking them directly with battery manufacturers.
Just like human dating apps, users tap in information about themselves together with details of their expectations and requirements. Using an intelligent algorithm based on battery industry expertise, a range of battery solutions best suited to their needs are identified in real-time.
CBI Battery Match is helping the energy storage sector find the best lead battery for their system
- We’re aiming to bridge the gap between utilities and renewable energy providers and battery manufacturers by demonstrating the wide range of reliable, high-performance advanced lead batteries available, Dr Alistair Davidson, Director of CBI said.
- Our research Consortium of battery manufacturers has found that their customers needed a simpler way to sort through the range of choices to identify the best battery for their energy storage system.
According to Dr Davidson the battery matchmaker will help demonstrate that there are a range of options available making it possible to find a tailor-made solution for each specific system.
- We’re seeing massive growth in demand for battery energy storage across the globe which means we need many more batteries. This new tool helps users consider the range of potential solutions and puts them in touch with potential partners in the shape of the manufacturers, Dr Davidson says.
With the energy storage market expected to grow at nearly 25% in the next five years, batteries will be one of the key energy storage technologies.
- All battery chemistries will have a part to play achieving future clean energy targets. added Dr Davidson.
- One of the advantages of using advanced lead batteries is that they combine reliability, high technical performance and cost-effectiveness with a recycling rate of almost 100% in North America and Europe.”
The technology is already widely used by utility and renewable energy companies for projects ranging from large-scale peak-shaving and frequency regulation projects to microgrids and off-grid systems.
The battery match service is a collaborative effort between the lead battery industry and CBI, which brings together robust, technical information from some of the leading global players in one place. Companies including Advanced Battery Concepts, C&D Technologies, East Penn Manufacturing, Electric Applications Incorporated, EnerSys, Exide Technologies, Gridtential, NorthStar Battery and Trojan Battery Company are engaged in the project.
With a user-friendly interface available on desktop and mobile, energy storage end-users can log on to the tool, input their system requirements, and the outcome is a direct match with the battery best suited for their project. CBI Battery Match will enable direct communication between the energy storage company and the battery manufacturer, a streamlined process where inputted information results in the output of a battery.
World Water Week 2022 Open for Sessions and Seminar Proposals: '"Seeing the Unseen: The Value of Water" as Theme
World Water Week will take place from 23 August to 1 September 2022 online and in Stockholm, Sweden. This new format will offer opportunities to connect face to face and online to engage audiences worldwide. The theme of World Water Week 2022 is ‘Seeing the unseen: The value of water‘, with a focus on the diverse aspects of water, how others view and value water, and to help uncover water’s full value to society.
Valmet to Deliver Automation to the Baltics’ First Biogas Plant Fired with Household and Commercial Biowaste
Samotics, a leading provider of real-time actionable insights to eliminate industrial energy waste and unplanned downtime, has completed a EUR 14.5 million Series A funding round. The round was led by 83North, a global venture capital firm with a proven track record in building category leaders across multiple domains including Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies.